Did you know?
In December each year Pantone, the universal colour system, announce the new colour for the following year.
The vibrant purple shade Ultra Violet has been announced as the new colour for 2018. If you opt for this gorgeous hue keep it vivid with the award-winning platinum shampoo by Paul Mitchell.
Dramatically provocative, this thoughtful and forward-thinking purple shade is released in honour of the late artist Prince.
Holographic, metallic and a variety of purple tones will start creeping in. What a bright start to our New Year!
What did the catwalks predict for 2018?
Watch out for purple tones, rain boots, plastic fabrics, denim and suits. The looks are endless and you will have so much fun finding the style to suit you.
Paris saw rhinestone partings and hair accessories. Think 80s! Dig out those head scarves, scrunches and headbands.
London showcased natural curls teamed with skinny jeans and a bomber jacket creating a simple, cool look. Lips were flush with lip balm, brows brushed and skin natural.
Milan favoured tumbling curls with dewy skin creating an effortless look. Embrace your curls-they’re in! And if you don’t have them naturally we’ve plenty of advice on how to achieve them.
Want more? Take a look at Elle’s 2018 Trend Guide.
Watch out for these make-up tricks
- Mermaid vibes with tones of turquoise and aqua; load your lower lash line with emerald to be bang-on-trend.
- Holographic eyes and keep the rest of your face natural.
- Kick flare lashes aren’t just for jeans!
- Minimal eyes with a bold red lip.
The New Year is a great time for a new you. Here are a few easy resolutions worth making and sticking to…
- Try limiting the use of heated styling appliances – too much heat will dehydrate your hair and lead to breakage.
- Always use a heat protector – the biggest trend for spring 2018 is healthy hair. Healthy hair will style more easily, give you more shine and bounce and is essential for long-lasting colour.
- Replace your conditioner once a week with a hair mask or conditioning treatment. Your Coco’s stylist will happily recommend the right one for you.
- Ask your Coco’s stylist to include Olaplex, Awapuhi Keratriplex or Hydratriplex with your next colour treatment for longer-lasting colour. The scientifically developed treatments work on your hair condition from the inside, resulting in structurally stronger improved hair condition, so your gorgeous shade lasts and lasts.
- Regular trims are essential. The best way to keep your hair healthy is to eliminate dry ends with a regular hair cut. Consider booking a conditioning treatment at the same time for ultimate hair maintenance.
- Drink lots of water to rehydrate your hair and skin.
Book your appointment now by calling your nearest CoCo’s salon today…
Crawley salon 01293 888558
Southwater 01403 738800
Billingshurst 01403 784848